31. What can be included in the trade reference?
Dear Mr. Carpenter, Regarding the type of agency you suggest, I should point out that we never use exclusive agencies as we have found that they tend to be rather restrictive both for ourselves and our customers. ( ⓐ ) who buy our products on their own account and then retail them at market prices in their country. Our terms of payment are 60 days O/A if the customer can provide trade references. ( ⓑ ) is concerned, you may be interested to hear that we have arranged for an extensive campaign in Europe. It begins next month and features our heavy machines. We are sending dealers throughout Europe brochures, leaflets, and posters, and this will be followed up by TV advertising in May. I look forward to hearing from you.
- 1 an information about the buyer’s character andabilities
- 2 a book, article from which information has beenobtained
- 3 a statement given by a bank about the financialposition of a business
- 4 the information about where the supplier is whenhe is in foreign country